28 September 2008

"Re-do"

This morning I was quite pleased not to be awakened by the alarm clock, but by the telephone. Thinking it would be yet another bill collector looking for money from a bank that had gone out of business, I was unwilling to jeopardize my financial peace of mind. But you know, it wasn't a bill collector at all. Instead it was a woman whom I'd never met, but found online because I was facing a painful sciatica situation.

Colleen called at 9:43 a.m. ET. Since all three of those numbers equal "16" that to me meant a pair of "8's" and the number "8" means new beginnings. So this was going to be a very special call.

It had been at least 30 days since I contacted her about her massage services for my leg pain. In fact I "googled" Colleen just from looking up a school in Alexandria, IN specializing in massage. But her website stood out front and center. So like a nosy journalist, I called her.

Colleen has been featured in Indianapolis Woman magazine and is quite on the go. Her wonderful husband Pat must be a gem of a man, sharing just 1 day with her because of her work. Love knows no obstacle and will always find time for itself. I appreciated learning that about Colleen. But our conversation was incredible because when she found out I'm now seeing another massage therapist recommended by my Chiropractor, and she still spoke with me for at least 15 minutes, I know she was a person who just wanted people to do well.

Today Colleen and I talked as if we were sisters. She shared--but didn't have to--about having to replace at least 22 windows to the pricetag of $7,000. She shared that she had to close her Muncie office because of the economy. She shared that people literally trashed a beautiful home with oakwood accents whom she trusted as decent renters. No one should be abused that way, but that's the way life is. We just never know.

What I appreciate about Colleen is that she DID NOT GIVE UP! The price of gasoline is not going to deter her from going from Fort Wayne to Indianapolis to carry on her wonderful healing profession. The fact that renters did not appreciate having a decent home who chose to "cut and run" did not kill her spirit of what I'd like to call "The Spirit of the Re-do."

Sometimes in life, we just have to re-do things. As difficult as the climb to our goals may become, we have to sometimes get down and dirty on our hands and knees, starting from scratch all over again.

There IS NO executive multi-million dollar bail out package for us. There IS NO ONE on Capitol Hill who will just give us free credit with unlimited benefits for an unlimited time.

But y'all know somthin', there are champions out there who are not covered in the Beijing Summer Games. They will never be featured on MSNBC or CNN or FOX news. They are the people like Colleen who, against all the odds, believes that life is worth the effort even if it means bloody knees, scabbed elbow and chapped hands.

There are people just like that on this video that will be available in audio format only at this website: Saturday Leadership Call Archives (give it a minute to load up, lots of files here)
(Click September 27, 2008 when posted--"Good Enough to Win; Tough Enough Not To Quit part 2.)

Source: http://www.yourtravelbiz.com/confcalls_with_archives.htm

I just encourage everyone, whenever you feel stressed, take a little look at Colleen's website under "NEWS" for a great ACV remedy during these stressful times. (She recommends Bragg ACV because of "The Mother" in it.)

To learn more remedies to keep you safe from stress, check out this link.
Also More Safe Natural Cures: Click Here.

Have a wonderful life...not the life that the world predicts. Reactivate your "Spirit of The Re-do."

That's MY rap....blessin's to ya,

cynth'ya

1 comment:

Alvin C. Romer said...

Cynth'ya,

Your 'wakeup call' was no accident, nor was it mere alarm clock that brought you back to consciousness. Your conscience gave you a sense of discernment to fathom that Colleen was whom she is/was destined to be to you. Karma and Providence is like this where God conveniently sending you someone in your midst to cater to your needs. This happened for a reason, and for such a time as this, you will be blessed because of the uniqueness of whom YOU are, and what Colleen will bring to your table!

Hey Sis, I'm glad I found you anew in this new environment. I will from time to time check you out because I love your voice. Keep up the good work and continue to let the ink flow!

Alvin C. Romer
Editor/The Romer Review